Friday, November 03, 2006

Lebanese Suicide Bombers?

With the UNFIL-plus in town, some Medias are raising fears of "terrorist" attacks against its western constituents. Whatever happens, it will not be a lebanese; we can't really be terrorists.

Here are the Top 10 reasons why Lebanese make lousy suicide bombers;

1. We are always late; we would have missed all the flights.

2. The pretty girls on the plane would distract us.

3. We would talk loudly and bring attention to ourselves.

4. With food and drinks on the plane, we would forget why we're there.

5. We talk with our hands; therefore we would have to put our weapons down.

6. We would ALL want to fly the plane; if they didn’t let him fly the plane, I doubt Jarrah would have joined their gang.

7. We would argue and start a fight in the plane.

8. We can't keep a secret; we would have told everyone a week before doing it.

9. We would all have fallen over each other to be in the photograph being taken by one of the hostages. Hi mom!

10. We would have wasted time customizing the plane; Lebanese flag, “spoilers”, “jante”, picture of a religious icon or leader on the windshield…

That does not necessarily mean that the UNIFIL is “safe”. Guess who’s back in town?

Blogging may soon be bad for your health. Again...



9 comments:

Kodder said...

hahaha hilarious :)

:: Katrin said...

Hi Jeha,

at least now I know why I like Lebanese civilization ;-)

R said...

Jeha,

I can't comment on the top article :S, it says comments have been disabled for this post by an administrator...

Jeha said...

Kodder, Katrin,
Thanks. Lebanon does have its good sides.

R,
I have no Idea why it does this. It seems that the topmost posting is off-limits.. This must be am issue with BloggerBeta.

:: Katrin said...

Jeha, off topic: I love your picture - makes me smile everytime I see it :-)

Jeha said...

Katrin,

Thanks. They let me out for good behaviour...

:: Katrin said...

Jeha,

comments are turned off on your Armstrong-interpretation :-(

Why did you rework it? I had the original version in a word document but my computer shut down and now it's lost and I can't compare them. As far as I remember you changed the sister-mother-thing and now I have to rethink.

Jeha said...

::Katrin,

I have no idea what is happening to my blog. It seems that blogger beta is not allowing comments on some posts.

I have posted this problem, and waiting to see what the underlying cause is.

About the post, I have changed 2 main things: "imperialism" instead of "colonialism", since most pro-Syrians use this word, and the line became: "You say Allah and they says Jesus, You say Ali and they say Omar".

Before that, the line was needlessly hitting "harder", and got some hints that. It do not shy away from intellectual fights, but I like to pick them myslef and keep the initiative. I had reworked another post in this manner, "the tale of four Arabs".

This way, I hope to get my point across without giving fellow Arabs a focus for thier passions.

:: Katrin said...

The message says that comments were deactivated by an administrator.

Seems like it's a beta prob indeed - I've tried to convert my blog into the new version and was refused - what a luck ;-).

This way, I hope to get my point across without giving fellow Arabs a focus for thier passions.

That's what I guessed from the beginning and I won't complain. As you stated in the posting:
Blogging may soon be bad for your health.

I hope that there won't be any troubles, but do be careful. The Johnnie Walker bridge is not yours!