Friday, November 17, 2006

Let's Call the Whole Thing off

OK, I reworked it, a little. Listening to local news is dangerous for your mental health. IQ levels have been plummeting lately.

With Apologies to Louis Armstrong:

Things have come to a pretty pass
Our country is growing bad,
For you like Iran and their nukes
While they go for Saudis and Dollars,

Goodness knows what the end will be
Oh I don't know where I'm at
It looks as if we will never be a nation
Something must be done:

Chorus

You say Syria and I say Lebanon, You say Lebanon and I say Syria,
You like Souwya and I hate Syria, You follow Faqih and I loathe ninjas,
Syria, Souwya, Syria, Iwan, ninjas, let's call the whole country off
But oh, if we call the whole thing off, the
n we must part
And oh, if we ever part, then that might break the bank,
So if I forget Bank al Madinah, you call off your demo’s,
For we know we need each other so we, Better call the whole off off,
Let's call the whole thing off.

Chorus – 2

You say Allah and they says Jesus, You say Ali and they say Omar,
You like Allah and I am a skeptic, You fight for Him, and he didn’t ask you
Allah, Jesus, Mohammad, Moses, Let's call the world thing off
But oh if we call the whole thing of then we must part
And oh, if we ever part, then that might break my heart
So if you like kippas and I like laffiya, I'll wear kipp
as and give up laffiya,
For we know we need each other so we, Better call the calling off off,
Let's call the whole thing off.

Chorus – 3

I say shlikkeh, and you say sister, I saw mother and you saw imperialism
Pater, mater, uncle, auntie, let's call the whole thing off.
I like bandanas and you like mullahs, I say secular and I get Hezbollah
Bananas, mullahs, democracy, Hezbollah, Go your way, I'll go mine
So if I go for democracy and you go for mullocracy,

so all right no contest we'll order plutocracy.

No comments: